- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012 video
See in action the EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012 on Vimeo.
In 2012, the EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge provided the opportunity for 200 final-year students at the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, Switzerland (EHL) to work with ten UNWTO Member States in order to develop an outline for a 5-10 year strategic plan on how each country can best position itself within the Silk Road with a unique and sustainable tourism offer and infrastructure.
In order to achieve that goal, EHL students worked in teams during two months while attending workshops held by fied's specialist for developing their skills on marketing and promotion, capacity building and destination management. On 4 June 2012, at the Silk Road Strategy Think Tank, the students presented their strategies to a judging panel consisting of Member State representatives, UNWTO officials and EHL staff.