- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road Tourism Development initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road hosted by renowned historian Dr. Sam Willis
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, the Discovery Channel UK
- UNWTO/ WTM Silk Road Bloggers Challenge 2012, London, UK
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Capacity building and Destination Management
- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 September - 10 October 2016
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- Technical Cooperation Initiatives
- UNWTO/ EU joint project VeRoTour
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project, 2014
- In cooperation with International Organizations
- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road
Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
Silk Road Promotional Video Clip
As UNWTO works towards promoting the development of sustainable, responsible and competitive tourism along the Silk Road, it is implementing a series of strategic marketing activities designed to strengthen the Silk Road brand.
In partnership with Buzz TV, a division of The Buzz Business, a UNWTO Affiliate Member, UNWTO have produced a short promotional clip featuring countries in the Silk Road Programme for use at UNWTO events, trade fairs, online, etc. The clip is 3.5 minutes duration and highlights the many destinations, attractions and cultures of the Silk Road with messaging designed to increase brand awareness.
The video is now available for downloading from the UNWTO Silk Road Programme vimeo site. Click here to view the video and login to Vimeo to download it (see the right hand pane, 'About this Video')
UNWTO Member States featured in this clip include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, China, Croatia, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Georgia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Mongolia, Pakistan, Republic of Korea, Tajikistan, Turkey and Uzbekistan.
The Buzz Business is also creating a Silk Road Image Library, and Member States will also be invited to contribute high resolution destination images that can be featured in global marketing campaigns for the Silk Road.
If you would like to have Silk Road destinations featuring on our social media outlets (vimeo, flickr), please send your material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO FROM VIMEO HERE
VIEW THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE HERE