- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
TV show Globe Trekker features 2 special episodes on the Silk Road
On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the award-winning travel TV show Globe Trekker, Pilot Productions and UNWTO have collaborated to feature in 2 episode the ancient Silk Road in the show's ROUND THE WORLD marathon 2012.
Episodes special feature popular presenters Megan McCormick and Holly Morris on a journey along the Silk Road through 6 Silk Road countries. In Episode 4 Megan McCormick sets out from Xi’an in China, following the ancient trade route all the way to Kashgar, where she meets Holly Morris. Holly Morris then continues the journey in Episode 5, through Central Asia, travelling across Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan eventually reaching the final destination Istanbul.
Globe Trekker is the world’s most watched travel programme with 30 million viewers across 40 countries. The ROUND THE WORLD anniversary special is expected to receive a lot of coverage in the international media, creating an excellent opportunity to strengthen the Silk Road’s profile as a unique travel destination. For more information on Pilot Productions, please visit the Pilot Productions' website.
To catch a first glimpse of the Silk Road Episodes, please click on the links below: