- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
Silk Road Action Plan
The Silk Road Action Plan 2016/2017 is now in its fourth edition. It is part of a series of comprehensive plans developed to drive collaborative, sustainable tourism growth along the Silk Road.
The first Silk Road Action Plan 2010/2011 was launched at the Fifth International Meeting on the Silk Road (8-9 October 2010, Samarkand, Uzbekistan)
The strategies are built around one overarching mission:
"The Silk Road Action Plan will work as a collaborative framework for marketing and capacity building, raising the profile of Silk Road tourism and driving development that is sustainable, responsible and internationally competitive."
Click here to view the results of the Member States survey.
- Silk Road Action Plan 2016/2017: English Russian
- Silk Road Action Plan 2014/2015: English Russian
- Silk Road Action Plan 2012/2013: English Russian
- Silk Road Action Plan 2010/2011: English Russian