- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
|5 December 2016||
International Year for Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017 garners support from the sector
Only few weeks ahead of the official launch of the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development 2017, set to take place on the 18 of January 2017 in Madrid, Spain, representatives from various tourism industries and beyond have joined UNWTO to support the celebrations of this important event.
|4 November 2016||UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators|
|4 November 2016||The ceremony of official handover of the joint Memorandum of Understanding between the Council of Europe and the UNWTO|
|18 October 2016||
Mongolia hosts the UNWTO Silk Road Conference on Nomadic Tourism and Sustainable Cities
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), together with the Ministry of Environment and Tourism of Mongolia and the World Cities Scientific Development Alliance (WCSDA), organized the International Silk Road Conference on Nomadic Tourism and Sustainable Cities in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia on 13-15 October 2016.
|28 April 2016||
UNWTO Silk Road Task Force commits to work on joint marketing, training, infrastructure development and visa facilitation
The 6th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting held in Urmia, Islamic Republic of Iran on 22-25 April 2016, agreed to advance joint marketing, training, infrastructure development and visa facilitation. The Meeting brought together representatives from 14 countries to discuss the key priorities for the Silk Road Action Plan 2016/2017.
|18 March 2016||Kayah State of Myanmar wins prestigious tourism film award as part of major promotional activities at ITB Berlin 2016|
|14 March 2016||
Public-private partnerships key to the success of Silk Road Tourism
The 6th Silk Road Ministers Meeting held at ITB Berlin on 9 March 2016 focused on the role of public and private sector partnerships (PPPs) in the development of tourism along the Silk Road. Participants discussed how PPPs can advance the issues of infrastructure, product development and marketing.
|1 March 2016||
UNWTO activities at ITB Berlin 2016 to focus on the Silk Road and Child Protection
On the 50th anniversary of ITB Berlin, UNWTO’s activities at the fair will focus on the development of the Silk Road and the World Tourism Network on Child Protection. ITB will take place on 9-13 March.
|19 February 2016||'David Baddiel on the Silk Road' to air on Sunday 21 February at 9pm on the Discovery Channel UK|
|8 February 2016||The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) supporting the International Trade Center (ITC) in promoting the Kayah State of Myanmar at ITB Berlin|