- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012: Students' strategies
20 Mar 13
The full and detailed EHL students' 5-10 years strategic plans developed for each Silk Road Member country participating in the EHL/UNWTO Strategy Challenge 2012
The winning teams, selected on the base of their strategies’ feasibility, profitability and creativity, were, 1st place, group 15 (Azerbaijan), 2nd place group, 22 (Russian Federation, Altai Krai) and, 3rd place, group 24 (Iran).
The winning project created a 7 day self-guided tour across 5 regions that included educational game where visitors learn about the culture and heritage of Azerbaijan and can to redeem points for discounts to encourage local spending. The strategy also included a comprehensive social media plan and outlined necessary infrastructure development relating to visitor information centres, transportation and accommodation.
The strategies are classified by country: