- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
5th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting
23 April 2015 - 24 April 2015
09:00 - 18:00
Republic of Korea
The UNWTO Silk Road Task Force plays a decisive role in determining the key strategies of the UNWTO Silk Road Programme, as well as driving the implementation and exchange of best practices. The 5th Meeting was an important step in our joint efforts to address the three key areas of work outlined in the UNWTO Silk Road Action Plan 2014/2015.
The Republic of Korea served as a cultural bridge between the Asian continent and neighbouring islands for centuries. This 5th Task Force Meeting took place in Seoul, one of Asia’s most dynamic capital cities.
Participants in the meeting shared their tourism policies and successful case studies. They discussed how to promote international exchanges between workforces, visa policies to boost tourism, the effective management of tourist attractions and overall cooperation. The Korean government spoke about ancient cultural exchanges that are reflected in artifacts found in Gyeongju, Gyeongsangnam-do (South Gyeongsang Province), and its various tourism promotion strategies, including the hosting of the Istanbul-Gyeongju World Culture Expo.
Meeting kindly supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Republic of Korea.
Additional Meeting Information: