- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
#Social Silk Road Seminar 2015: The rise of experiential travel and the booking revolution
4 November 2015
10:30 - 12:00
South Gallery Rooms 13-14
Organized by UNWTO, Travel Perspective and supported by WTM London
After the success of last year's Social Silk Road session which looked at ‘Is the guidebook dead?', this year we looked at how changing traveller trends are shaping the booking process. The Silk Road offers an enormous wealth of experiences from horse-riding along the Eurasian steppe, to staying with nomads in yurts and trekking in the Gobi desert, but are they always available where travellers are searching? This session examined how emerging destinations are transitioning to a digital world. The panel looked at the modern path to purchase and discuss how Silk Road destinations can leverage from the increasing number of consumers seeking personalised, local and transformative travel experiences.
Programme now available! Click here to download
To see this event listed on WTM London's official conference programme, click here.
For more information contact: email@example.com
Organized in collaboration with: