- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road Tourism Development initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road hosted by renowned historian Dr. Sam Willis
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, the Discovery Channel UK
- UNWTO/ WTM Silk Road Bloggers Challenge 2012, London, UK
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Capacity building and Destination Management
- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 September - 10 October 2016
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- Technical Cooperation Initiatives
- UNWTO/ EU joint project VeRoTour
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project, 2014
- In cooperation with International Organizations
- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road
2nd Meeting of the UNWTO Silk Road Task Force 2012: Presentations now online!
16 Nov 12
The UNWTO Silk Road Task Force was created in 2011 to oversee the development of the UNWTO Silk Road Programme and help implement the ‘Silk Road Action Plan’. This group of Silk Road countries' representatives, Affiliate Members, and experts is working closely with UNWTO to determine key strategies and actions, endorse and promote campaign activities and share best practices.
At the 2nd Meeting of the UNWTO Silk Road Task Force, UNWTO provided an update on the progress of the ‘Silk Road Action Plan 2012/2013’ and consulted Members on proposed strategies and activities for 2013. Members have been requested to share their best practices, updates and future plans for developing tourism along the Silk Road.
Luis Leitao, Producer Pilot Productions, Generating PR for the Silk Road – Behind the Scenes on the 20th Anniversary Globe Trekker Round the World TV Special 2012 ('Globe Trekker Round The World' Trailer')
On the occasion of Globe Trekker's 20th anniversary Pilot Productions is organizing a ROUND THE WORLD marathon consisting of 6 epic journeys undertaken by Globe Trekker’s most popular presenters. In collaboration with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), episodes 4 and 5 will focus on the legendary Silk Road. For more information click here.
UNWTO SILK ROAD PROGRAMME PRESENTATION
Alla Peressolova, Head of the UNWTO Silk Road Programme, UNWTO Silk Road Programme Update and Opportunities for 2013
Natalia Mchedlishvili, Head of Marketing Department, Georgia National Tourism Administration, Raising the profile of Wine and Gastronomy on the Silk Road
Graham Barrow, Representative, Macclesfield Silk Road Heritage Trust, Putting Macclesfield on the modern Silk Road map
Related to Event: