- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
Conclusions from the UNWTO Silk Road Ministers' Meeting at ITB Berlin 2013
28 Jan 13
Just over 40 years ago, the World Heritage Convention was conceived to protect sites of ‘outstanding universal value’ to humanity. Today, almost 1,000 sites are World Heritage listed and increasingly millions of people travel each year to experience these unique cultural and natural assets.
The ancient Silk Road is home to some of the world’s most impressive Heritage Sites, and the Silk Road Ministers convened at ITB Berlin 2013 to assess the key issues relating to effective heritage management for tourism.
The Meeting explored how destinations can join forces to raise the profile of the Silk Road while safeguarding these exceptional heritage sites to ensure that they can be enjoyed by generations to come
Related to Event: