- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road Tourism Development initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road hosted by renowned historian Dr. Sam Willis
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, the Discovery Channel UK
- UNWTO/ WTM Silk Road Bloggers Challenge 2012, London, UK
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Capacity building and Destination Management
- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 September - 10 October 2016
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- Technical Cooperation Initiatives
- UNWTO/ EU joint project VeRoTour
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project, 2014
- In cooperation with International Organizations
- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road
3rd UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting - Baku, Azerbaijan
03 Sep 13
The UNWTO Silk Road Programme is pleased to report that the 3rd UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting was successfully held last week in Baku, Azerbaijan (22-23 April 2013). Significant progress was made in formulating priorities and concrete activities for the new Silk Road Action Plan 2014/2015. Additionally, the participants were able to advance in three crucial areas of Silk Road tourism (marketing and promotion, destination management and travel facilitation), while recognising and agreeing to prioritise the link between sustainable tourism and the conservation of historical and cultural Silk Road heritage.
The debate and input from the participants was excellent; the attendees included representatives from UNWTO, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and 15 Member States - Albania, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Croatia, Georgia, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
The UNWTO Silk Road Programme would like to convey its gratitude to the Minister of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan for generously hosting this meeting and enabling so many of our Member States to participate. The feedback from all participants has been excellent, and Baku clearly provided a perfect setting for the first Task Force Meeting to be held in a Silk Road destination.
Silk Road Task Force Meeting - Press Release
Silk Road Task Force Meeting - Flickr