- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road Tourism Development initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road hosted by renowned historian Dr. Sam Willis
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, the Discovery Channel UK
- UNWTO/ WTM Silk Road Bloggers Challenge 2012, London, UK
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Capacity building and Destination Management
- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 September - 10 October 2016
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- Technical Cooperation Initiatives
- UNWTO/ EU joint project VeRoTour
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project, 2014
- In cooperation with International Organizations
- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road
|18 October 2016||
Mongolia hosts the UNWTO Silk Road Conference on Nomadic Tourism and Sustainable Cities
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), together with the Ministry of Environment and Tourism of Mongolia and the World Cities Scientific Development Alliance (WCSDA), organized the International Silk Road Conference on Nomadic Tourism and Sustainable Cities in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia on 13-15 October 2016.
|28 April 2016||
UNWTO Silk Road Task Force commits to work on joint marketing, training, infrastructure development and visa facilitation
The 6th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting held in Urmia, Islamic Republic of Iran on 22-25 April 2016, agreed to advance joint marketing, training, infrastructure development and visa facilitation. The Meeting brought together representatives from 14 countries to discuss the key priorities for the Silk Road Action Plan 2016/2017.
|18 March 2016||Kayah State of Myanmar wins prestigious tourism film award as part of major promotional activities at ITB Berlin 2016|
|14 March 2016||
Public-private partnerships key to the success of Silk Road Tourism
The 6th Silk Road Ministers Meeting held at ITB Berlin on 9 March 2016 focused on the role of public and private sector partnerships (PPPs) in the development of tourism along the Silk Road. Participants discussed how PPPs can advance the issues of infrastructure, product development and marketing.
|1 March 2016||
UNWTO activities at ITB Berlin 2016 to focus on the Silk Road and Child Protection
On the 50th anniversary of ITB Berlin, UNWTO’s activities at the fair will focus on the development of the Silk Road and the World Tourism Network on Child Protection. ITB will take place on 9-13 March.
|19 February 2016||'David Baddiel on the Silk Road' to air on Sunday 21 February at 9pm on the Discovery Channel UK|
|8 February 2016||The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) supporting the International Trade Center (ITC) in promoting the Kayah State of Myanmar at ITB Berlin|
|3 February 2016||UNWTO International Conference on Heritage Tourism: How do we Foster, Present and Preserve World Treasures?|
|18 January 2016||
International tourist arrivals up 4% reach a record 1.2 billion in 2015
International tourist arrivals grew by 4.4% in 2015 to reach a total of 1,184 million in 2015, according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer. Some 50 million more tourists (overnight visitors) travelled to international destinations around the world last year as compared to 2014.
|12 January 2016||
UNWTO strongly condemns attack in Istanbul
UNWTO is deeply shocked by the tragic attack perpetrated in Istanbul, Turkey. On the behalf of the entire international tourism community, UNWTO expresses its heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of the victims and to the Turkish people in this difficult moment.