- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
|21 July 2015||Press Release from Korea Tourism Organization: Korea Begins Post-MERS 100-day Tourism Recovery Plan|
|28 June 2015||7th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism - presentations now online|
|26 June 2015||
UNWTO and the Turkic Council to work together on tourism development
UNWTO and the Cooperation Council of Turkic Speaking States (Turkic Council) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to strengthen collaboration in advancing tourism as a key driver of socio-economic growth and inclusive development (Madrid, Spain, 26 June 2015).
|25 June 2015||
Silk Road Tourism Ministers commit to travel facilitation and closer marketing cooperation
The 7th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism agreed to advance travel facilitation, promote a “Visit the Silk Road” Programme and step up efforts to develop tourism routes and enhance human resources. (Xi'an, China 18-20 June 2015).
|22 May 2015||Renowned adventurer Tim Cope to speak at 7th UNWTO International Meeting on Silk Road Tourism|
|14 April 2015||The UNWTO Silk Road Programme welcomes Spain as its 32nd Member State|
|5 March 2015||
Visa facilitation, infrastructure and marketing: key priorities for Silk Road Ministers
Visa facilitation, infrastructure development and marketing were the priorities identified by the 5th UNWTO Silk Road Ministers’ Meeting at ITB to advance transnational routes (ITB Berlin, Germany 4 March 2015).
|4 March 2015||
UNWTO strongly condemns the destruction of cultural heritage
UNWTO is appalled by the systematic destruction of cultural and religious artefacts in Syria and Iraq, the last of which in the Mosul Museum in Iraq. On behalf of the international tourism community, UNWTO joins UNESCO in urging immediate action to safeguard the world’s cultural heritage.
|25 February 2015||
UNWTO activities at ITB 2015
The 5th Silk Road Ministers’ Meeting, community empowerment through tourism and creative industries and the 30th meeting of World Tourism Network on Child Protection are UNWTO’s main activities during the ITB Travel Trade Show 2015 (Berlin, Germany, 4-8 March, 2015).
|6 February 2015||
UNWTO/UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture gathers Ministers of Tourism and Culture for the first time
Over 900 participants, including over 45 Ministers and Vice Ministers of Tourism and Culture, international experts, speakers and guests from 100 countries, gathered at the UNWTO/UNESCO World Conference on Tourism and Culture in Siem Reap, Cambodia, to explore and advance new partnership models between tourism and culture (4-6 February 2015).