- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
|27 January 2015||
Over 1.1 billion tourists travelled abroad in 2014
International tourist arrivals reached 1,138 million in 2014, a 4.7% increase over the previous year, according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer. For 2015, UNWTO forecasts international tourism to grow by 3% to 4%, further contributing to the global economic recovery.
|21 January 2015||
UNWTO Awards to recognize innovation and excellence in tourism
Tourism initiatives and scholars from around the world will once again be recognized for their outstanding contribution to the sector at the UNWTO Awards Ceremony to be held at the International Tourism Trade Fair (FITUR) in Madrid, Spain, on 28 January 2015.
|12 November 2014||'Is the guidebook dead?' Panellists dicuss the future of destination marketing at WTM Silk Road Seminar|
|29 September 2014||
Community Development takes center stage at World Tourism Day 2014
The tourism sector’s contribution to communities’ empowerment as one of the pillars of sustainable development was at the heart of this year’s World Tourism Day celebrations. The President of Mexico, Enrique Peña Nieto, opened the official celebrations of World Tourism Day held in Guadalajara, Mexico (27 September 2014).
|18 September 2014||Networking and business opportunity for Silk Road Exhibitors attending WTM Speed Networking 2014!|
|13 August 2014||Acclaimed TV host Holly Morris to headline Silk Road Seminar at JATA Tourism Expo 2014|
|30 July 2014||Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) launches its new tourism brand “Imagine your Korea”|
|29 July 2014||
UNWTO welcomes travel facilitation measures by Mongolia
Easing visa restrictions to stimulate travel is one of UNWTO’s recommendations to promote the growth of the tourism sector and its positive impact on the economy. The Government of Mongolia is one of the most recent examples of countries advancing travel facilitation by removing visa requirements for citizens of 42 countries.
|16 July 2014||17 countries commit their support for Silk Road tourism growth at 4th UNWTO Silk Road Task Force Meeting in Tbilisi, Georgia|
|16 July 2014||17 стран демонстрируют свою готовность способствовать росту туризма на Шелковом пути на Четвертом заседании Рабочей группы ЮНВТО по Шелковому пути в Тбилиси, Грузия|