- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training
- Western Silk Road Initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, Discovery Channel UK
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- VeRo Tour Project
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project
- UNWTO / WTM Silk Road Bloggers Trip to Armenia
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Technical Cooperation
|3 July 2014||New UNWTO Silk Road Action Plan 2014/2015 now available|
|24 June 2014||First Silk Road Heritage Corridor inscribed on World Heritage List|
|23 June 2014||
World Tourism Day 2014: Celebrating tourism and community development
‘Tourism and Community Development’ is the theme of this year’s World Tourism Day (WTD). The theme underscores the potential of tourism to promote opportunities for communities around the world, as well as the role that community engagement has in advancing sustainable tourism development. The official celebrations will be hosted by Mexico in the city of Guadalajara (27 September 2014).
|28 March 2014||Special Social Media Report on the Silk Road launched by Travel Perspective for WTM|
|7 March 2014||
Silk Road Ministers deepen commitment to visa facilitation
On the year of the 20th Anniversary of the Samarkand Declaration on Silk Road Tourism, the 4th UNWTO Silk Road Ministers' Meeting convened to discuss visa facilitation as a means to further advance tourism development along the ancient trade route. At the meeting, UNWTO presented its Tourism Visa Openness Report for the Silk Road Countries, mapping out progresses made and challenges yet to be addressed in the region. (ITB Berlin, Germany, 5 March 2014).
|6 March 2014||UNWTO/UNESCO workshop devises a tourism roadmap for Silk Road Heritage Corridors|
|6 March 2014||Рабочее совещание ЮНЕСКО/ЮНВТО по коридорам наследия Шелкового пути отмечает, что облегчение путешествий является самой приоритетной задачей|
|5 March 2014||UNWTO/ EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy|
|5 March 2014||
UNWTO, UNODC and UNESCO launch anti-trafficking campaign
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) have joined forces to promote a global campaign urging travellers to support the fight against a number of forms of trafficking. The Campaign was presented to the tourism sector at the International Tourism Bourse (ITB) in Berlin (5 March 2014).
|20 February 2014||
UNWTO activities at ITB 2014
The launch of an international campaign against trafficking, the 4th Silk Road Ministers’ Meeting dedicated this year to visa facilitation and the meeting of World Tourism Network on Child Protection, are among UNWTO’s activities during the ITB Travel Trade Show 2014 (Berlin, Germany, 5-9 March, 2014).