- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road Tourism Development initiative
- BBC documentary on the Silk Road hosted by renowned historian Dr. Sam Willis
- David Baddiel on the Silk Road, the Discovery Channel UK
- UNWTO/ WTM Silk Road Bloggers Challenge 2012, London, UK
- UNWTO / Pilot Productions joint collaboration: Globe Trekker Round the World 20th Anniversary Special
- Silk Road Promotional Video Clip now online!
- Capacity building and Destination Management
- UNWTO Workshop for Inbound Tour Operators
- Enhancing Silk Road Interpretation and Quality Guide Training, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 27 September - 10 October 2016
- First ever Silk Road training course for heritage guides, Khiva, Uzbekistan
- EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012
- UNWTO / EHL Altai Krai Hospitality Management Strategy
- Technical Cooperation Initiatives
- UNWTO/ EU joint project VeRoTour
- UNWTO / UNESCO Silk Road Heritage Corridors Tourism Strategy Project, 2014
- In cooperation with International Organizations
- Marketing and Promotion
- Western Silk Road
|25 April 2013||
The 3rd Silk Road Task Force Meeting defines future Silk Road Action Plan
Delegates from over 15 countries and representatives of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the World Federation of Tourist Guides Associations, gathered around the 3rd meeting of the Task Force of the Silk Road Task Force (22-23 April, Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan).
|24 April 2013||
Encouraging Travel Facilitation and Connectivity in Asia Pacific
Travel facilitation, connectivity and the sustainable development of the tourism sector were at the center of UNWTO’s 25th annual statutory meeting for Asia and the Pacific and its adjoining conference on sustainable tourism in Hyderabad, India from the 12-14 April.
|20 March 2013||EHL/UNWTO Silk Road Strategy Challenge 2012: Students' strategies|
|15 March 2013||Speakers' presentations of the Silk Road Tour Operators' Forum are now available|
|15 March 2013||Winners' names of the Silk Road Bloggers Challenge released|
|11 March 2013||
UNESCO joins UNWTO to advance Silk Road tourism development
The development of a ‘Silk Road Heritage Corridors’ tourism strategy for Central Asia and China is among the main outcomes of the 3rd UNWTO Silk Road Ministers’ Meeting held at ITB Travel Trade Show. (Berlin, Germany 6 March 2013).
|28 February 2013||
UNWTO activities at ITB 2013
UNWTO events at ITB Travel Trade Show 2013 include the 3rd Silk Road Ministers’ meeting and a meeting of the World Tourism Network on Child Protection, as well as the first UNWTO meeting exclusively dedicated to “Tourism and Intangible Cultural Heritage”, among others (Berlin, Germany, 6-10 March, 2013).
|28 January 2013||Conclusions from the UNWTO Silk Road Ministers' Meeting at ITB Berlin 2013|
|28 January 2013||
International tourism to continue robust growth in 2013
International tourist arrivals grew by 4% in 2012 to reach 1.035 billion, according to the latest UNWTO World Tourism Barometer. Emerging economies (+4.1%) regained the lead over advanced economies (+3.6%), with Asia and the Pacific showing the strongest results. Growth is expected to continue in 2013 only slightly below the 2012 level (+3% to +4%) and in line with UNWTO long term forecast.
|21 January 2013||
UNWTO and China strengthen cooperation
The Chairman of the China National Tourism Administration (CNTA), Mr. Shao Qiwei, and UNWTO Secretary-General, Taleb Rifai, have agreed to strengthen cooperation between both organizations as a key step towards advancing China’s tourism development objectives. On the occasion of his visit to Spain to receive the UNWTO Award for Lifetime Achievement, Mr. Shao also met with the Minister of Industry, Energy and Tourism of Spain, Mr. José Manuel Soria (Madrid, Spain, 15 January 2013).